Project 1: Reflection

Party City

 Multi-Faceted Self

How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process?
I feel as though photoshop took much of the hands on practicing of creating out of the process and allowed me to work on the aesthetic details of the image. 

In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project?
I feel like since I'm usually an artist that uses 2d materials like paint or charcoal, this piece was challenging to me but also allowed for an exploration that make nothing permanent, allowing me to edit and revise constantly to complete the image, and in that sense I still felt very much apart of the creative process. 


How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece?
I think I challenged myself technically in that I had to really find a way to usefully layer different images to not only meet the layer requirements but also add to the image. 

Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough?
I wont say that this work wasn't challenging to complete, but I will say that the idea of it being digital was initially challenging until I got the hang of it.


Reflect on the project critique: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not.
I thought that my feedback was helpful, many of the reactions to my work were anticipated but I do feel that hearing people articulate in person allows me to reflect on reactions in real time and I can visualize the thought process. 


Please share any other thoughts.

Comments