Blog Response 4

Akira Kurosawa - Composing Movement 

An interesting documentation of the storytelling that exists in the camera movements in film. Kurosawa has really innovative ways of using movement in the camera in contrast to the actors.







Satoshi Kon - Editing Space & Time

I really enjoyed this video, the way that Satoshi Kon edited his videos was very interesting and highlighted a beauty and scene booster that I have often overlooked. I especially liked the style of editing where he would blend the transitions from one scene to the next 

F for Fake (1973) - How to Structure a Video Essay



This video was interesting to me, watching it explain how to keep the attention of the audience in a video essay was also uncharted territory for me considering, i've never seen a video essay. But the narrative story telling where multiple stories are told at once was something I think i could use in my work.

Lynne Ramsay - The Poetry of Details

The work of Lyne Ramsey was one reference from this series that I immediately recognized. The small details of a shot specifically interested me because it feels attainable and recognizable. 








Comments